The process of building a Gauger & Swingly Custom Home begins when you meet Dennis Gauger and/or Ed Swingly and share your dreams and budget parameters. With a combined experience of almost 40 years in the home building business, Dennis and Ed are experts at turning your dreams into dream homes.
- Nowadays, with the banking situation as it is, it is a critical to get pre-approved for a construction loan. This will make the building process much smoother and can trim several weeks or months off of the process. We suggest a construction to perm loan, which can save you money on closing costs. Gauger & Swingly Inc. can refer you to qualified financial contacts if the need arises.
- The next step is to select your ideal lot. You may choose from our selection of lots in desirable neighborhoods, or perhaps you’ve found your own lot. Your lot selection will affect the ultimate floor plan and elevation of your home.
- After you’ve selected the lot, the next step is to gather together your design ideas, magazine clippings and photos including concepts that you want to include in your dream home - and sit down for a contract consultation with your builder. Dennis and Ed will help you select a floor plan and then personalize the design plan to make it your own.
- Now that the plan and lot have been finalized, the contract is developed and fully executed. The contract will reference our premium standard building specifications and any upgrades you have requested during the design process. Once the contract is signed and accepted, the building process begins.
- Finished design in hand, you now begin to select the details such as exterior and interior finishes. Other professionals will assist you in making decisions on such things as appliances, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures and hardware. The selection is limited only by your budget and imagination.
- As the construction of your home begins, you will be in the capable hands of Dennis, Ed and/or Jake Swingly. One or more of them will be on your job every day supervising the work and making sure that your home is built to exacting specifications. The relationships we forge with our customers during the home building process are a customer favorite and the top reason for our strong repeat and referral business.
- When your home is complete, we will walk you through your finished home and conduct a thorough inspection and orientation of your new home and its features. We will walk you through the operation and maintenance of your major appliances, and answer any questions that you may have regarding their safe and efficient use.
Building your custom dream home is a huge undertaking and can be somewhat challenging at times. At Gauger & Swingly Inc., our goal is to exceed your expectations with a quality experience – from our family to yours.